Candy, Veterinary Technician
Experience:  Practicing Veterinary Technician for 26 years.Former Veterinary Practice Owner, Technician Trainer

my dog ate soft soap with bleach bathroom cleaner, what should

Customer Question

my dog ate soft soap with bleach bathroom cleaner, what should i do?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Candy replied 5 years ago.

Hello and Thank You for contacting JustAnswer.

I am sorry your baby has eaten something she should not.

Can you tell me when it happened?

How much did she eat?

How much does she weigh?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

It happened while I was not home so sometime between 3 pm and 730 pm. I am not sure how much she ate, it was all over the couch and in the fur of my other dog. She weighs roughly 65 pounds.

Expert:  Candy replied 5 years ago.

According to the MSDS for this product if ingested in large amounts this can cause digestive upset including vomiting, diarrhea, and abdominal pain but will not effect internal organs.

Here is the MSDS

This can also cause irritation to the mouth and esophagus so I would check inside the mouth to be sure you see you burns in the mouth. If digestive upset develops I would suggest feeding a bland diet of boiled chicken and rice for a day or two.

If he has trouble swallowing or you notice any problems in the mouth I would have her seen by a vet.

I hope this has helped ease your mind. Please reply back if you have additional questions or concerns.