How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sally G. Your Own Question
Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant
Category: Dog
Satisfied Customers: 9257
Experience:  Service/assistance dog training/ behavior /obedience/Therapy dog Evaluator/AKC Evaluator
3570977
Type Your Dog Question Here...
Sally G. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds
Dog

my dog ate some poinsettia leaves... what should i do

?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Dog
Ask Your Own Dog Question
replied 6 years ago.
Hi and wecome to Just answer. How much did he eat and when did he eat it? How much does he weigh?
Customer reply replied 6 years ago.
maybe 1-2 leaves in total. within 30 min. 10lbs
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant replied 6 years ago.

While this is not as toxic as once believed it is probably going to give him stomach upset and he may end up vomiting or getting diarrhea . Drooling is also a symptom because of the sap. Rinse out the mouth with water so the sap is out of the mouth.

here is poinsettia on the ASPCA poison site listing it as non toxic

http://www.aspca.org/pet-care/poison-control/a-poison-safe-home.html

for upset stomach you can give a pepcid ac or zantac (rantidine) and here is dosing and information http://www.petplace.com/drug-library/ranitidine-hcl-zantac/page1.aspx