Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  UC Davis Graduate, Interests: Dermatology, Internal Medicine, Pain Management

my dog possibly just ate some cobat roach killing gel in a

my dog possibly just ate some cobat roach killing gel in a syrige applicator will it harm my pet ? min pincher
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Andy replied 5 years ago.

Fortunately, ant and roach products do not tend to be as toxic to pets as rat/mouse baits.

However, there is no question you will need to monitor her for any symptoms of digestive upset (refusing to eat, vomiting, diarrhea).

If there were to be any symptoms, absolutely, she should get into the vet for supportive care.

I am assuming the applicator itself was not swallowed. if so, then that is actually a much greater concern is it can cause an obstruction.

Generally, if ingested within one hour and when there is certainty a lot was ingested (not just a few licks), vomiting can be induced.

How to induce vomiting

I do not get the impression she got a lot of it.

Keep an eye out for those symptoms.

Good Luck

If there is anything I have not covered for you, please use the REPLY button, and I will happily continue to chat. I hope you have found my advice helpful or informative. Please remember to inform me if you "accept" or please click the "ACCEPT" button (EVEN IF YOU ARE A SUBSCRIBING MEMBER). It is greatly appreciated.