Lisa, Certified Vet Tech
Experience:  AAS Vet Tech. Bully breed rehab & Behavior modification

What is the approximate cost of a TOTAL EAR CANAL ABLATION

What is the approximate cost of a TOTAL EAR CANAL ABLATION for a cocker spaniel on both ears?

As I'm sure you know, costs can vary from not only state to state but from clinic to clinic in any particular city, however at the clinic where I worked they charged about $600 for a bilateral aural ablation.

The best way to know for sure what the prices are in your area is to give local vets a call and ask for an estimate. Trust me, every veterinary clinic in the world gets these types of questions several times a day so they'll have no problem whipping out a ballpark estimate for you.

I hope this helps

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Is that per ear approx? I'm right outside of Philly.

One other question, once the surgery is done, will he be able to hear? Meaning calling his name, or giving commands?

That was for the whole surgery.

As for her being able to hear after the surgery...dogs who have chronic ear infections often have diminished hearing to begin with, so the loss of hearing post-op isn't much of a change.

You can find more information on the procedure and possible complications can be found here:

I hope this helps!!