Candy
Candy, Veterinary Technician
Experience:  Practicing Veterinary Technician for 26 years.Former Veterinary Practice Owner, Technician Trainer
23185754

my dog is leaking clear liquid from her vagina. Shes been

my dog is leaking clear liquid from her vagina. She's been on antibiotics twice this year and in both instances when the antibiotics are finished, she starts to leak again from her vagina.

The two times she went to a doctor they performed UTI tests which both came back negative. Is there anyway you can help me

Hello and Thank You for contacting JustAnswer

I am sorry your girl is having problems.

Can you tell me if she is spayed?

Has your vet done a culture of the fluid?

How is she acting when this is going on?

Any enlargement of the teats when this is happening?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Can you tell me if she is spayed?

Yes she is spayed

Yes. She said everything was pretty normal.

She licks the area a lot. When there is a lot of liquid she acts ashamed about peeing in the house.

No.

Ok,

There are a number of possible causes of incontinence an fluid leaking from the vagina Small stones in the ureters, bladder or urethra can definitely cause signs of incontinence. It is very common for there to be recurrent episodes of incontinence
associated with stones.If x-rays of the bladder have not been done that would the next step to look for stones in the bladder or urethra.

Hormonal imbalances and vaginatiis may also be the cause.

http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=2+2109&aid=929

http://www.petalia.com.au/templates/storytemplate_process.cfm?specie=Dogs&story_no=761

In some cases during a spay a small stump is left behind and can cause symptoms of vaginal discharge during what would be their normal heat cycle, if someone other then your regular vet did the spay I would ask about this possibility.

You also want to be sure this is actual leakage from the vagina and not the anal glands as this is a common problem.

If you vet did not send the urine and sample of discharge out to the lab that would also be advisable.

I hope this has provided additional options on what may be going on.