My 14 pound rat terrier just swallowed a 10 mg lisinopril tablet. Is it harmful?
Pet's Sex: Male
Pet's Age: 7
Chat Conversation Started
Hello and thanks for researching this very important question! High blood pressure medications can have dangerous side effects in pets that overdose (take pills not prescribed for a medical problem. You can induce vomit by following the instructions at this site: http://www.dog-first-aid-101.com/induce-vomiting.html. Call your veterinarian or emergency service right away if your pet displays any signs of tiredness or weakness. Let me know if you have other questions about this.
Lhasa,Shih Tzu Breeder/ B.A.Neurophysiology & Animal Behavior/I use plain English!