Walter
Walter, Breeder
Experience:  Breeder and pet health consultant. Have spent a number of years with dog rescue, training and health
997364

What is the average life span for an overweight cocker spaniel.

What is the average life span for an overweight cocker spaniel. I am working on her diet and exercise.

Hello and Welcome to Just Answer!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I have been with Just Answer since March 2006. Its my pleasure to work with you today!

The average life span of a healthy cocker spaniel is 12-15 years. When a dog is obese, or over weight it can take anywhere from 3-5 years off the life expectancy so your looking at 9-10 years as the average life span of a overweight cocker spaniel.

Getting her more active, and increasing veggies in the diet is a excellent way to manage weight in your girl.

Walter