Doctor Jeff
Doctor Jeff, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Small Animal General Practitioner and practice owner with 8+ years experience

my 30lb puppy ate 12 dulcolax 5mg coated tablets (womens correctol)

my 30lb puppy ate 12 dulcolax 5mg coated tablets (women's correctol) and i gave him 5cc of 3% h202 to induce vomiting. What do i need to do my vet is closed and i cannot afford my outrageous er vets fees

This medication can be used in dogs as a treatment for constipation. However, this is a pretty high dose. Now, the biggest risk in this case with the diarrhea that is very possible is some dehydration or electrolyte imbalances. So, you can use a 50/50 solution to maintain hydration as this medication leaves the system. If you notice lethargy, weakness, collapse etc, I would definitely seek an ER vet. However, this product tends tobe pretty safe and other than loose stool, I do not expect an issue. Here is a website with more info.

I hope this helps and gives you direction.

Dr. Jeff

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

was it okay to give him the peroxide to induce vomiting though?

This should not cause an issue. I would continue to support hydration if he continues with any vomiting. I hope this helps.

Edited by Doctor Jeff on 8/5/2010 at 1:36 AM EST