Cher, Dog Caregiver--Extensive Experience
Experience:  Extensive Experience Caring for Canines; Specializing in behavior and health concerns.

Do you have a recipe for making a flea spray using tea tree

Do you have a recipe for making a flea spray using tea tree oil?
Hi pidgeon12,

Tea tree oil is considered toxic to dogs by ingestion and by absorption through the skin, so it would not be advisable to use it in a homemade flea preventative for your dogs. The most effective flea treatments are those sold by your vet, but with 9 dogs I can imagine how this could become costly. It might be more cost effective to buy a formula for a bigger dog (by weight) and then apply a smaller amount on your dogs, as advised by your vet and according to the weight/dosing directions on the package.

You can find some homemade flea preventative recipes here:
For your dogs:

For your home:

I hope you have found this answer helpful; if so, please click 'Accept' and leave positive feedback. If you need additional information, please click 'Reply'. Thanks for the opportunity to be of help.

Best wishes,