How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ERAnimalNurse Your Own Question
ERAnimalNurse, Emergency Critical Care Nurse
Category: Dog
Satisfied Customers: 2302
Experience:  16+ years of veterinary experience
Type Your Dog Question Here...
ERAnimalNurse is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Are crepe myrtle plants (also spelled crape myrtle) poisonous

Customer Question

Are crepe myrtle plants (also spelled crape myrtle) poisonous to dogs? I am dogsitting my roommate's puppy and she ate aabout 6 leaves off a crepe myrtle bush in the yard. The puppy is 4 1/2 months old, weighs about 27 pounds, is half Husky, half Australian shepherd, if that matters.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  ERAnimalNurse replied 6 years ago.



I am sorry this has happened.


How long ago was the ingestion?


Is the puppy feeling ok?


Any visible symptoms?


Let me know and I will try to help....

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
She seems to be okay. I found a website that listed plants poisonous to dogs, this plant was not in the list. So I guess she will stay okay.
Expert:  ERAnimalNurse replied 6 years ago.

You are in luck! Crepe Myrtles are NOT considered toxic to dogs at all. See the following website for confirmation.


Good luck :)