Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant
Experience:  Service/assistance dog training/ behavior /obedience/Therapy dog Evaluator/AKC Evaluator

my dog ate a push pin

Customer Question

my dog ate a push pin
Category: Dog
Expert:  Sally G. replied 6 years ago.

Hi I see this question came in through the night hours and I am sorry no one picked it up for you.

. If you observed the dog afterward and there was not drooling or vomiting then most likely it will pass through the intestines however if you give the dog a few pieces of whole grain bread after you observe him eating something sharp, it encases the object and helps it to travel safely through the digestive tract. Canned pumpkin (not the pie filling) will do the same. as will metamucil.

I would watch the dog for now and if you notice any change in eating, drinking, or activity level then bring him in for a check up.