Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  UC Davis Graduate, Interests: Dermatology, Internal Medicine, Pain Management

How much morphine does it take to euthanize a small dog 15

How much morphine does it take to euthanize a small dog 15.lbs. Dexter is 13 years old. He is blind. He has had trouble walking and it is getting to the point were he is dragging his rear. He is not in much pain as we can tell. His quality of life is gone. He is a great dog BUT just totally goes nuts when taken to the vet. I would rather he just go to sleep and not wake up.
Any suggestions are welcome.

Can't really answer that question.

The only humane way to perform euthanasia is with the intravenous solution administered by vets. This is why no experts have taken your question.

They will not answer.

Absolutely, he must be taken to a vet. It's very fast and ensures no complication or suffering. Morphine. Even excessive doses wouldn't just stop the heart.

Can't use morphine.

I am sorry for your situation, but I can only recommend the vet visit.