How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Terri Riba Your Own Question
Terri Riba
Terri Riba, Healthcare Expert
Category: Dog
Satisfied Customers: 31941
Experience:  Expert in canine health and behavior. 20 years of experience with dogs
Type Your Dog Question Here...
Terri Riba is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

is neosporin harmful to dogs if ingested

This answer was rated:

My 8 week old Yorksire Terrier male chewed on a tube of neosporin enough to puncture the tube in several places. Not much is missing from the tube but obviously some was ingested. Is this an issue enough to bring him to the vet or should I just feed him lots of water and food to dilute what he ingested?.. please help. Thanks!

Dear friend,


You do NOT have to worry one bit.

Neosporin is mostly vaseline and NOT harmful; if ingested.

If he ate a lot, he may get diarrhea but thats about it.


Best wishes for him,




Terri Riba and 4 other Dog Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you so so so very much! I appreciate your help! Have a great day!

You are very welcome!

It is my pleasure to help someone as lovely as you and your sweet baby.


I will always be here for both of you.


Thank you for pressing accept.


Best wishes,


Related Dog Questions