Candy
Candy, Veterinary Technician
Experience:  Practicing Veterinary Technician for 26 years.Former Veterinary Practice Owner, Technician Trainer

Is the tea in tea bags (decafinated)poisinous to dogs

Customer Question

Is the tea in tea bags (decafinated
)poisinous to dogs the tea is Black tea with bergamot oil Earl Gray Tea
Category: Dog
Expert:  Candy replied 4 years ago.

Hello and Thank You for contacting JustAnswer
I am sorry to hear your baby is having trouble.

I would love to help I just need some additional information.

Did he eat the bag or just the tea inside

Was this an herbal tea

When did this happen

How much does he weigh

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
the tea was decafinated earl gray tea already brewed and the tea bag was dried out. He did not eat the string or the bag and He is @ 13 lbs he ate this about 1 to 2 hours ago
Expert:  Candy replied 4 years ago.

Ok,

The tea is non toxic the biggest worry would be if it was caffinated or he ate the bag. In this case he may experience some nausea or mild digestive upset other then that I would not expect to see any problems.

I hope this has helped ease your mind. Please reply back if you have additional questions or concerns

Candy

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have had to call the ASPCA Poision control line as you took far to long to answer the question, had the tea been toxic in a dog of this wieght he could be dead. In calling the ASPCA I had to pay $65.00 beacuase you could not answer this in a timely fashion. If the $15 dollars goes through on my account I hope it can help you to better your services, As I will never use this site again.
Expert:  Candy replied 4 years ago.

I am sorry you feel I did not answer you in a timely manner. Your initial question was replied to in 3 minutes, you responded to me 21 minutes later I then supplied you with an answer 6 minutes later, as I was helping another pet owner at that time. It was actually your response time that was the longest.

I am glad your boy is ok and again I am sorry you were not satisfied with my service. You are not required to pay so the payment should not go through.

Best wishes Candy

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
My responce time was the longest as I did not hear back from you and need someone to act on this so like I said I called the ASPCA Poison Control. They took less than 3 min to reply to me. So that I could have take my dog to the vet if needed. Keep the $15 as Im sure you will. You need it more than I do.
Expert:  Candy replied 4 years ago.

Again I am sorry however I could not provide you with a educated answer until you responded to my request for information.

I am glad Poison Control was able to help you have a great day and good luck to you and your boy.

I have requested that your question be closed so you will not be charged as you were not satisfied with my service and satisfaction is guaranteed by our site and you are not obligated to press the accept button which causes you to be charged.

Candy