Jane Lefler, Breeder,Behaviorist, formerVet Asst
Experience:  Former vol Vet Assistant.Breeder 18+ years Dog trainer / behaviorist

dog vomited yellow bile with spots of blood in it

Customer Question

dog vomited yellow bile with spots of blood in it. it happened the past two mornings. She act fine running,playing with her sister like normal
Category: Dog
Expert:  Jane Lefler replied 6 years ago.

Vomiting blood could be caused by many things including a non-food item in your dog's system, which may have punctured your dog's stomach, Poisoning, ulcers, a blood disorder, and more. It could also be that your dog cut it's mouth and swallowed blood and is now vomiting it up. If an ulcer is to blame, you can give your dog some pepcid or Zantac. Read about Pepcid dosages and usage information here:

Zantac can be given to a dog at .25 to 1mg per pound every 8-12 hours. Read about usage here:

Check your dog's mouth to see if he has a wound in his mouth or a tooth that's bleeding. If it is not swallowed blood, I urge you to get your dog to the vet.

You can read more about blood in vomit here:

I hope you find this information helpful.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
she has swallowed stuff before is there something i can give her to help her bring it up or pass it. the blood spots are tiny and are like clot like.