Anna, Dog Expert, Biologist
Experience:  35 years training & showing dogs. Written articles for Dog Fancy, Dogs, Dog World.

My dog is losing weight, throwing up and drinking lots of water.

My dog is losing weight, throwing up and drinking lots of water. What is wrong with her? I noticed cloth in her stool and vomit. I had her on Purina Fit and Trim because she was a bit heavy. That's when she started losing. Then I switch her to playful life and original foods by Beneful.

How long has your dog had these symtoms?

What are her stools like - normal, runny, small, etc.?

Thank you.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
She has been this way about two weeks now. Her stool was alright until today I noticed it was a combination of solid and liquid.
Thank you for getting back to me. At this point, your dog needs to be seen by a vet as soon as possible because the symptoms are serious after occurring for two weeks. I don't think the food you're giving her is the cause. The fact that there is cloth in her stools and vomit tells us that she most likely ate something she shouldn't have. There may be bigger pieces of whatever it was partially blocking her intestines. There is no way for you to remedy that situation on your own, and if it goes on long enough, it will be life-threatening. Your vet will probably need to take x-rays to diagnose exactly what is going on. If you have more questions, just let me know by clicking on REPLY. I hope your dog will reach a full recovery.