How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Larson Your Own Question
Dr. Larson
Dr. Larson, Dog Veterinarian
Category: Dog
Satisfied Customers: 1557
Experience:  9 years clinical experience. Own and operate a mixed animal practice.
22517207
Type Your Dog Question Here...
Dr. Larson is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My dog died suddenly after vomiting and drinking excessive

Customer Question

My dog died suddenly after vomiting and drinking excessive amounts of water several days ago. I suspect poisnoning. In the a.m., immediately after eating, he hit the floor & was dead within two minutes. What organs should I have tested & what kind of poisons should he be tested for? What kinds of poisons are typically used to kill a dog?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Larson replied 6 years ago.
This is a very difficult question as there are so many things that could cause poisoning in the dog. If there are no leads as to what could have caused the problem, you will be looking at a lab bill of several hundred dollars minimum to screen for poison. This would also require sending the whole body to the lab, as they will need samples of all organs. You could reasonable send stomach and intestinal contents to see if anything an be found in these, but again, you will be looking at a very large bill.

I'm sorry there is not a better, more specific answer, but with no idea of what could have been given, this is a huge task to try and tackle.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.