Get Your Dog Care Questions Answered by Experts
My primary concerns for vomiting include:
- Dietary indiscretion (eating something you do not know about)
- Stomach or intestinal foreign body
- Something that was given to them (new dog food, new treat, human food)
- Intestinal parasitism (not just the worms, but the microscopic bugs like Giardia and Coccidia). They can cause vomiting also, not just diarrhea
- Toxin exposure would be less likely, unless you have reason to suspect exposure to a chemical.
I have to be especially concerned with a younger pet because of the increased risk for dietary indiscretion and swallowing foreign bodies.
Well worth getting her into the ER for likely some abdominal x-rays, and medication/injections that can really quickly and effectively make her feel better.
I do. Thanks.