ERAnimalNurse, Emergency Critical Care Nurse
Experience:  16+ years of veterinary experience

My male mini chihuahuas penis has been sticking out a little

My male mini chihuahua's penis has been sticking out a little all day today. It is almost like a little red bulb sticking out. I don't know if this is anything serious or not. He is not having any problem going to the bathroom. Should I be concerned?

I am sorry your little guy is having trouble. As long as there is no trouble urinating, and your dog does not seem uncomfortable (licking himself alot, whining, not able to get comfortable), you can keep an eye on him and see if the problem resolves. Fluctuating hormones, excitement etc can cause the penis to extrude a bit. There are rare instances where the penis is extruded for extended periods of time and becomes painful. If this happens, you will need to see a vet. That degree of trouble can be more common in intact males, where the testosterone levels are much higher. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance. If this has been helpful, please hit the green accept button. Best of luck with your dog, I hope everything is ok :)