ask_me
ask_me, Obedience, breeding, showing
Experience:  Well versed in all things canine! Knowledgeable in breeding, training and showing
5181091

Is shoulder seperation common in Basset Hounds Is it most

Is shoulder seperation common in Basset Hounds? Is it most likely due to an injury caused by humans or can it happen accidentally in normal daily play? Could it be caused by climbing stairs?
Category: Dog
Expert:  ask_me replied 6 years ago.

I'm sorry to hear that your girl is going through this. Shoulder seperation can be caused by a variety of issues. While not a common problem to the breed, it is seen. Excessive weight, rapid growth, injury, stress on joints etc., can all lead to it. In many cases, a pet is simply predisposed to it. You'll want to limit her activity until she has healed and if she is a working dog (hunting etc), you may want to reconsider these types of activities. I hope she's doing better soon.

Please click "ACCEPT" or if you need more information "REPLY"

http://www.vin.com/proceedings/Proceedings.plx?CID=WSAVA2002&PID=2655