ask_me
ask_me, Obedience, breeding, showing
Experience:  Well versed in all things canine! Knowledgeable in breeding, training and showing
5181091

My yorkie is constipated and not feeling well. I am in Costa

My yorkie is constipated and not feeling well. I am in Costa Rica and pretty remote. Is there something I can do Myself to help.
Category: Dog
Expert:  ask_me replied 6 years ago.

I'm sorry to hear that your Yorkie is not feeling well. If this is basic constipation, there are a few things you can try at home. Giving 1-2 T of plain canned pumpkin will often move things along. Milk can also be given as it tends to induce bowel movements in dogs. Increasing fluids (offer chicken broth without onions often helps). You can read more here: http://www.petplace.com/dogs/constipation-in-dogs/page1.aspx That said, if this has been ongoing or your pet appears in distress, a vet visit will be needed. Issues like obstructions can occur. I hope she's feeling better soon.

Please click "ACCEPT" or if you need more information "REPLY"