ask_me
ask_me, Obedience, breeding, showing
Experience:  Well versed in all things canine! Knowledgeable in breeding, training and showing
5181091

black lab: 12 year old..year old male..tumer on his rib cage..bottle

I have a 12 year old male black lab he has 4 growths or tumers that he has had for a few years now on the 27th of this month i was helping him down from the bed and I mashed a tumer on his rib cage just below his front left leg and now it has gone from the size of a coke bottle cap to about 3 to 4 inches width and length and about 1/2 inch in hight . Does this sound serious?
Category: Dog
Expert:  ask_me replied 6 years ago.

I'm sorry to hear that your Lab is having this issue. As you mentioned that this growth changed in dimension when you pressed on it, it would be advisable to have your vet take a look. Older labs can be prone to a few things. Tumors (both benign and otherwise) are one, but another less serious issue is something called a lipoma. Lipoma's are (generally) harmless fat deposits that can at times change shape. Consider having this looked at by your vet to know which it is for sure. If you do not have a vet, contact your local SPCA. These often have sliding scale clinics or can refer you to one. I hope he's doing better soon.

Please click "ACCEPT" or if you need more information "REPLY"