Walter, Breeder
Experience:  Breeder and pet health consultant. Have spent a number of years with dog rescue, training and health

My 13 year old dog is throwing up yellow bile. She hasnt

My 13 year old dog is throwing up yellow bile. She hasn't eaten for two days and I cannot see a vet until Monday unless it is an emergency. She gets up and goes out the pet door and drinks a little water. Is it an emergency and is there something I can do at home?

If she becomes lethargic or you notice blood in the stool or vomit, she needs to see her vet promptly as this would be deemed a emergency, This sounds like a case of upset stomach, yellow bile is a sign of irritation to the stomach lining likely from something she ate that upset her stomach. You can self treat this at home unless any of the above symptoms start presenting.

I would start her on a bland diet of boiled chicken and rice to help settle her stomach.(1 part skinless chicken Breast to 3 parts white rice) If she refuses this you can apply small amounts along her jaw line to force feed.

I am concerned with her becoming dehydrated as this is quite serious with dogs. I recommend giving her unflavored pedilayte to replace the electrolytes. Do not feed anything other then the bland diet.