Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant
Experience:  Service/assistance dog training/ behavior /obedience/Therapy dog Evaluator/AKC Evaluator

My dog cant jump up to the bed and she looks tired. She also

My dog can't jump up to the bed and she looks tired. She also shows some discomfort if you press on her belly.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Sally G. replied 6 years ago.

What breed of dog do you have?

Is she interested in food and water?

Does she eat any human food and if so what?

Is she walking slower or more cautious at all?

Is there any vomiting or diarrhea?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

She is a Yorkie

She hasn't eat much (a little today in the morning)

No human food unless she steals from my daughters plate left over (haven't seen he lately doing it)

Yes she moves slow and she does not want to go up and down the stairs. She has been the whole day lying in bed not mooving

No vomit or diarrea. Today the poop looks a little slimy

Expert:  Sally G. replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for that information. Smaller breed dogs are prone to disc problems which will show a reluctance to walk, jump on furniture, play etc. In many cases a regular x ray may not pick this up but a myelogram needs to be done. (x ray with dye) Your vet may put the dog on some anti inflammatory drugs and tell you to give strict rest. If she does not want to move don't make her. If at any time she seems to be dragging the back legs then you need to seek help right away. I would put a call into your vet to have her seen and to get medication.

The stool may be a sign of something she ate she should not have or it can be an indication of an infection so I would also take a stool sample for your vet to examine.

Keep her well rested and restrict movement for now.

Here is more on disc problems. the site will tell you symptoms to watch for, as well as treatments. a pop up may come over the article , just hit close windows at the bottom to read the article.