ask_me, Obedience, breeding, showing
Experience:  Well versed in all things canine! Knowledgeable in breeding, training and showing

My dog threw up blood 2 days ago about 6 times. It had clots

My dog threw up blood 2 days ago about 6 times. It had clots in it. Afterwards he seemed to be ok so I said I would call the vet in the morning-being it was 3 am when this happened. When we woke up in the morning everything was fine. He seemed back to his normal happy self. Today he threw up Brown liquid twice. Im not sure what to do. What could this be? The day he threw up blood he swallowed a hotdog hole and we thought maybe that upset his stomach. Other than that we couldnt think of anything
Category: Dog
Expert:  ask_me replied 6 years ago.

I'm sorry to hear that your dog is having this issue. Vomitting blood clots and later vomitting dark liquid (may be digested blood) can indicate several things. This may be from ulcers, GI bleed, or foriegn object ingested (such as plastic if it was along with the hotdogs). You can read more here: Further, dogs can have problems with onions so consider checking the ingredients of the hotdogs as well. It would be advisable to have him into your vet as he should be seen face to face for this. After his visit, you'll likely want to keep him on a bland diet for a few days (boiled chicken and rice or a prescription food like I/D). I hope he's doing better with this soon.

Please click "ACCEPT" or if you need more information "REPLY"