Ann M.
Ann M., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  ER and general medicine Veterinarian since 2005

our dog keeps opening her mouth repeatedly very wide and has

Customer Question

our dog keeps opening her mouth repeatedly very wide and has extreme bad mouth odor. no mouth sores or mouth pain is present.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Ann M. replied 6 years ago.
Hi there. If she has some puppy teeth left, it is possible that she may be losing some teeth or getting ready to, and that can be a bit painful and can cause bad odor (due to blood in the mouth intermittently). It is also possible that she has something stuck in her oral cavity somewhere where you are not seeing, or that she has an infection up underneath a tooth. If you can't get her to a vet right away, I would just coax her to eat and drink, but I would soak her food in water first so that it is soft. Try to keep her well-hydrated. Then, as soon as you are able to, get her to a vet to find out what is causing this. Hope this helps! Best of luck.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ummm....7 hours later is NOT a quick reply. we got her to the vet where they are looking for an ulcer somewhere.....the service says it is 24hr?
but thanks anyway.
Expert:  Ann M. replied 6 years ago.
Hi there. I am really sorry that there were no dog vets online at 2am who felt that they could (or wanted to) answer your question. Sometimes if there are only a few vets online, which is likely at that time of night, they will answer the questions with a higher money value first. Since you were willing to pay $9, which is the minimum amount, other questions were likely given priority. When I woke up this morning I logged on right away, saw your question, and was happy to try to help you in my free time. I am sorry that my answer came too late to help you, but am glad that you were able to see your vet later in the day today and get some help. Best of luck.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i want my money back.