Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

my dog ate 8 60mg armour Thyroid pills some time during the

my dog ate 8 60mg armour Thyroid pills
some time during the day today
she seems to be acting ok
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for the questionCustomer

I will be very pleased to try and answer your question but to enable me to do so with accuracy I need to know a little bit more information, so first can you tell me :

1. How heavy is your dog ?

This is just a information request for which you have not been charged, I am online at present. I will answer your question shortly after receiving your reply.

Scott Nimmo BVMS MRCVS

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Molly is 34-38 lbs

Bruce

Thanks for the quick reply,

This is a natural holistic type product as opposed to a conventional medicine and as such is not well documented in the dog, however I think it very unlikely that you will see any adverse effects from this one of dose.

It would be wise to monitor you dog for any strange symptoms and contact your vet without delay if any such occur but as I have said this would be very unlikely.

If I have not covered your question fully enough or you would like to ask more I will be online for the next hour or so and I will be at your disposal.

Scott Nimmo BVMS MRCVS
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

What might we see if there is any adverse effects?

how fast do you think that the drug will hit her blood stream.

do you think it's worth it to try to get her the throw up?

Hello again,

1. The Armour product is just dried pancreas , while It may have therapeutic effects overdosage would be very unlikley.

2. If you compare it to levothyroxine a prescribed pancreas therapy drug then blood levels would start rise within a two hour period.

3. Making your dog sick would be effective within the first hour after swallowing any drug after that it would not be so effective. As your dog seems fine now I would not contemplate this.

Regards,

Scott