Candy, Veterinary Technician
Experience:  Practicing Veterinary Technician for 26 years.Former Veterinary Practice Owner, Technician Trainer

I used liberty 50 flea medicine for dogs on my cat by mistake.

I used liberty 50 flea medicine for dogs on my cat by mistake. The box says not to use it on cats and to get vetrinarian care if it happens. I used it Sunday at 1pm and Monday night at 9pm I noticed she was quivering, walking crooked, unable to jump up on furniture and acted like she had something in her eyes. I can't afford vetrinarian care-single mom, three jobs, college fulltime, raising kid.....please, can you help me?

Good Morning

The most important thing is to rewash your pet immediatly you must besure to get all this medication off. Use soap to remove

All the signs you describe tells me your baby is suffering from a toxic pyrethan(chemical used to control fleas) overdose.

There is not much you can do at home but try to provide supportive care. For future reference it is never ok to use dog flea medication of flea shampoo on cats the chemical content is to high.

Try to keep him calm and make sure she is drinking.

Please watch for seizures. With out veterinary care I can not ell you that your baby will be ok. I understand completely not having the finances this is becoming more common in this economy .

I will be online most of the day It does not cost extra for followup questions so please feel free to contact me thru out the day and I will try to help.