Dr. Jennifer
Dr. Jennifer, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Caring for dogs and cats in general practice since 2005

my dog ate temazepam i think . hes a papillon/chihuahua year

my dog ate temazepam i think . hes a papillon/chihuahua year old bout 10ish puonds
Hi, just a question first...what size was the pill in mg?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hi, temazepam is a benzodiazepine sedative/anti-anxiety medication. This class of drugs is pretty safe for dogs, although that dose is a bit higher than would be typically given for a dog his size. Chances are he won't have any problems except maybe getting a little sleepy. Since it's been within an hour of when he ate it, you can try giving some hydrogen peroxide to make him vomit and see if he brings up the pill. I would give him no more than 2 teaspoons of the peroxide. Peroxide can be irritating to the stomach and esophagus, so don't repeat more than 1 time. If he gets extremely sleepy or lethargic, you may need to take him to a vet for supportive care and treatment until the medication wears off.