Walter, Breeder
Experience:  Breeder and pet health consultant. Have spent a number of years with dog rescue, training and health

What can I put on my dogs cut paw He gashed it on glass hidden

What can I put on my dogs cut paw? He gashed it on glass hidden in the grass on a walk, we managed to stop the bleeding and bandage it as best we can. He isn't limping, but any kind of stuff to disinfect it and keep it clean, would be appreciated

You will need to keep clean the area thoroughly with soap and water. Rinse all the soap off. Then clean with Betadine Scrub to kill any bacteria or germs. You will want to clean this once a day or anytime it gets dirty and or wet. If you do not have Betadine, go ahead and use Peroxide until you can pick some up.

Apply a antiseptic cream such as Neosporin with pain relief (The reliever in this will help with the pain and discomfort) and wrap the area in gauze. Use surgical tape to keep it on. You can then place a clean white sock on the foot and tape it on to keep him from chewing the bandage off. The biggest issue is keeping the dog from scratching or licking the area. If you are unable to keep the dog from licking or chewing the area then I would suggest picking up a e collar at your local pet store. Licking it will keep it from healing and cause infection.

Make sure you keep this clean and dry until it heals up. If you see any sign of infection the dog will need to be seen at the vets office.