Bully Breeder
Bully Breeder, Veterinary Assistant
Experience:  10 years breeding, 6 years in Veterinary medicine, Lifetime of Dog ownership
3569931

Hi there last nite we took dog for awalk ,as usual,since

Customer Question

Hi there
last nite we took dog for awalk ,as usual,since her return was and has been having bouts of sneezing,she did run after a cat that was hiding in some bushes,her nose was running,then i noticed blood,it was only the once last nite,on her return from walk.
She's eating drinking normal and is her normal boystrous self.
But I'm concerned for her.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Bully Breeder replied 7 years ago.
Hello, more than likely the cat that she was chasing probably smacked her in the nose or she dove into the bush and got some scratches to her nose or a branch or twig up her nose which is why she was sneezing and there was some blood involved. If the nose has stopped running and there is no more blood then I would just keep an eye on things for now. Especially since she is eating and drinking and being her normal self. She probably got something up her nose which which caused the sneezing and then the sneezing may have burst a blood vessel and that is why you saw blood or the cat hit her in the nose and that is why you saw some blood. I don't think you should worry at this point. Just keep an eye on her but if her nose swells up or she continues to sneeze and has discharge then see your vet to make sure she did not get something lodged into her nasal passage. I hope this will help but let me know if you need anything else.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

thank you,how do I check up her nose ?with a torch?I was rubbing her nasal passages last nite ,but she was calm and did not flinch,or growl,

but if you tell me the best way to look then I'll just make sure she has nothing lodged in the nasal passage.

thank you.Smile

Yeah that would probably be the best way to do it. I would just shine it up the nose if you can and take a look to see if you can see anything. It may be deeper inside her nose and not visible so if you can not see anything but she is still having issues then I would take her to your vet so that they can look up it with a scope. Let me know if you need anything else.