Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  UC Davis Graduate, Interests: Dermatology, Internal Medicine, Pain Management

what is the treatment for internal bleeding in your dog

Customer Question

what is the treatment for internal bleeding in your dog?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Andy replied 7 years ago.
Bleeding from where inside the body?
Has she been to a vet?
How do you know there is internal bleeding?
For how long has this been going on?
Is she currently on any treatments?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am unsure where she is bleeding from but she is throwing up blood and I know its not parvo we just got her ears clipped and when my husband brought her home was acting sick i mean i thought it was the medicine but she now is throwing up and getting worse she is not even moving anymore she is just breathing very hard and there is blod coming from her nose as if she is trying to cough it up but she is too weak this has only happened today i mean i know she is going to die now but in the future i would like to know what to do no she has no treatments
Expert:  Dr. Andy replied 7 years ago.
Huge red flag!!!!
Please, go to the ER vet right now, or this puppy is going to probably die. You need some diagnostics performed and supportive care right now.
That bleeding could be due to severe stomach/intestinal disease, or even heart disease.

You can't say it is not parvo. I have seen parvo, regularly! in 12+ week old puppies that even already had 2 vaccines for parvo. I've seen puppies, regularly, with only vomiting and no diarrhea.

I am also worried about other intestinal parasitism. Not just the worms, but the super common microscopic bugs like giardia and coccida.

Got to get into the vet, right now!
Good Luck