Cher, Dog Caregiver--Extensive Experience
Experience:  Extensive Experience Caring for Canines; Specializing in behavior and health concerns.

My dog is shaking and panting and hiding in small out of the

My dog is shaking and panting and hiding in small out of the way places while she is obviously not feeling well. What is strange is that it has happened every morning for about a week now and within a couple of hours she is fine. I took her to the vet at the beginning but she wasn't shaking anymore and they said she seemed fine. She won't eat while shaking either. What would cause it to happen just in the morning, I'm very worried.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Cher replied 7 years ago.

It's possible that something is causing your dog to become anxious in the morning, when she acts this way. Think about your routine at this time; are you getting ready to leave the house? If so, she might be feeling separation anxiety, knowing you're going to be leaving. Also, if you have any other pets, dogs/cats, one of them might be bullying her and causing the reaction you're seeing.

If the vet saw your dog before this behavior began, it would be a good idea to have her evaluated at this time, to first find out if there is any underlying medical reason, and then, if it's found to be a behavioral/emotional problem, she might be prescribed some anti-anxiety medication which could help. In many cases, Xanax or Valium are prescribed for dogs with anxiety issues.

I hope all will be well with your furry girl, and bless you for taking her in and providing her a loving, secure home!