LSU-Vet, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian, Dog/Cat Veterinarian

Hi, My 2 year old labrador has developed lumps all over her

Hi, My 2 year old labrador has developed lumps all over her face in the last half hour. Her eyes are swollen too. She has been sick, although seems fine now. Her breathing iine.s f
Category: Dog
Expert:  LSU-Vet replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for writing in,

IT sounds like your dog is having an allergic reaction to something in her environment. What you can do is give 1mg/pound of regular benedryl by mouth and take her into your vet for further care. They will ensure she isn't developing swelling in her throat and will be able to administer additional medications that will help with this reaction. I hope this helps!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Whats benedryl? Is that a brand name? Is it piriton?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
My vet is closed now and it will be over 12 hours until I can see him. Should I take her to the emergency service?
Expert:  LSU-Vet replied 7 years ago.
Benedryl is diphenhydramine. The ceterizine is fine to use as well, no need for the benedryl (I just saw that you gave this). FOr a lab 10mg once daily is sufficient. If you don't see any improvement in 30-45 mins then I would definitely take him to your Eclinic as more therapy may be needed. In case it is something topical that he came into contact with, I would suggest rinsing him for 10 mins with cool water. I hope this helps
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thank you very much. What a great service.