Dr. Marie
Dr. Marie, Veterinarian
Experience:  Compassionate licensed veterinarian with >20 years experience with cats, dogs and pocket pets

dog: date but I am afraid if Jazz-Mine is going to give birth that day

Hello Doctor Mary, According to the perpetual dog calendar, my girl should give birth on August 1st, on which day we have been planning a huge familly gettogether for a year... Can't change the date but I am afraid if Jazz-Mine is going to give birth that day, it might really stress her out with 50-60 people she hasn't even met yet. Any suggestions?
Hi there shoelady. (I like that name!)

This is a tough call!

Dogs really do like privacy when they are whelping. In fact, some dogs will actually be able to hold off on going into labour if there are people around.

It seems that most of the C-Sections I need to do are in the middle of the night. I think that most dogs tend to whelp in the middle of the night because this is when things are quiet and the dog is relaxed.

That being said, there is no guarantee!

I think you already have the best idea and that is to provide a place for her that is quiet and peaceful. I think it's ok for her to mingle with the people. If you start noticing signs of labour then you may want to go and hang out with her in the quiet room.

Here is some good information for you about whelping:

I hope all goes well!

I hope this information helps! If you have more questions regarding this problem, just hit reply. If I am online I will respond right away. Otherwise I will respond as soon as I come online again. Or, if my answer is sufficient, then please hit accept. Thanks!
Dr. Marie.

The above is given for information only. Although I am a licensed veterinarian, I cannot legally prescribe medicines or diagnose your pet's condition without performing a physical exam. If you have concerns about your pet I would highly advise contacting your regular veterinarian.