Dr. Marie
Dr. Marie, Veterinarian
Experience:  Compassionate licensed veterinarian with >20 years experience with cats, dogs and pocket pets

my lab has small white mole looking bumps that have recently

my lab has small white mole looking bumps that have recently come up on his snout (between his eyes and his nose). They do not hurt him, do not bleed and are just there - he is jet black so they are easily noticed. They have now been there for several weeks - they came up after he was cut at the dog park (not that there is any relation). One came up within a week of the cut and the other two or three have just randomly come up since then. There is nothing coming out of them (like an acne bump) Should I be concerned?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Marie replied 7 years ago.
Hi there and thanks for your question.

What colour are the bumps? Are they smooth or rough on appearance? How large are they? How many would you say there are?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The bumps are white in color. He is jet black which is why they stand out. There are approx 3 of them. They are grainy feeling. He does not scratch at them or act as if they bother him at all and there are none anywhere else.
Expert:  Dr. Marie replied 7 years ago.
OK, thanks for that info.

This is a hard one to diagnose without seeing your dog, but I can give you a few ideas.

These bumps may be a mild folliculitis which is an infection in the hair follicles. If this is the case they may clear up on their own or they may go on to be red and irritated and need antibiotics.

I wondered at first if you were seeing viral warts, but I don't think that is what you are describing. They look like this:

We do sometimes see just regular warts that pop up as well.

There really aren't any other conditions I can think of that would cause these symptoms. However, if you would like to post a picture I can give you directions on how to do that and I can see if I can help you more.

I hope this information helps! If you have more questions regarding this problem, just hit reply. If I am online I will respond right away. Otherwise I will respond as soon as I come online again. Or, if my answer is sufficient, then please hit accept. Thanks!
Dr. Marie.

The above is given for information only. Although I am a licensed veterinarian, I cannot legally prescribe medicines or diagnose your pet's condition without performing a physical exam. If you have concerns about your pet I would highly advise contacting your regular veterinarian.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I will take pictures tonight and post them - can I reply to this same line of questioning if I go ahead and hit accept?
Expert:  Dr. Marie replied 7 years ago.
Sounds good! You can either hit accept now or later - either is fine.

Looking forward to talking later!
Dr. Marie.