How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lisa Your Own Question
Lisa
Lisa, Certified Vet Tech
Category: Dog
Satisfied Customers: 16168
Experience:  AAS Vet Tech. Bully breed rehab & Behavior modification
10413311
Type Your Dog Question Here...
Lisa is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My dog ingested some vaseline, she is a golden retriever about

Resolved Question:

My dog ingested some vaseline, she is a golden retriever about 57 lbs, 11mths old, how dangerous is this and what are the symtoms?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Lisa replied 7 years ago.

HiCustomer

 

Of all the things your pup could have ingested...Vaseline is likely the one to do the least amount of damage.

 

Vaseline is commonly used as a laxative to help 'move things along' in some animals, so don't be surprised if your dog gets some diarrhea from this experience.

 

I hope this helps!!

Lisa and 2 other Dog Specialists are ready to help you