Terri Riba
Terri Riba, Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in canine health and behavior. 20 years of experience with dogs
437368

My Chihuahua, Princess, is throwing up yellow bile, but is

My Chihuahua, Princess, is throwing up yellow bile, but is acting completely fine and is running around playing, what should i do im really worried because she has been doing this for three days almost and its scaring me!

Hi there,

I am sorry your baby is not feeling well.

What and when did she eat last?

Thanks,

Terri

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
She just got finished eating ham because she wont really eat her dog food because yesterday she ate one little piece and she threw it up. Today she is holding her food down and is using the bathroom normally but i am still worried.

Dear friend,

I undertsand that you are worried about your baby. I have a Chihuahua too and they are sooo tiny.

I think Princess has acid relux. Give her a quarter of a pepsid ac (famatodine) in some food every ten hours. Twenty miutes late try to feed her.

http://www.petplace.com/drug-library/famotidine-pepcid/page1.aspx

She may have a bad tummy ache. I would pick up any dog food.Try a small amount of boiled chicken with all fat drained off, chop meat , or baby food with no onion, beef, turkey, etc

Go very slow so she does not throw it up.

Dogs get dehydrated and hypoglycemic very easily.

Add unflavored pedialyte to her water 50/50 to hydrate her and balance her electrolytes.

Put a drop of pancake syrup on her tongue to raise her blood sugar in case she is a bit hypoglycemic. That should perk her up.

Also give her one teaspoon a day of plain yogurt to keep "good" bacteria in her system.

If she develops any abdominal pain, bloating, constipation or cannot keep anything down she needs to be seen by a vet.

Please let me know how she is doing. I will always be here for you

I hope your baby feels better very soon..

Best wishes,

Terri

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
So you think after I do this everything should be ok? I mean i worry too much I know, but it scares me because shes not acting like herself, and also what causes acid reflux?

I thiink she will be ok. Many small dogs get collapsing trachea or acid reflux. It's caused by acid backing up in the GI tract when the tummy is empty.

I know you are worried. Try boiled chicken or baby food for her.

Please let me know how she is doing.

I hope she will be just fine.

Huggs for her,

Terri

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you sooo very much!! This really makes me feel alot better! If I wanted to let you know how she is doing how do I get back in contact with you?

Just press relist or reply and I will get your reply.

It is my pleasure to help someone as lovely as you and your sweet baby.

I will always be here for both of you.

Thank you for pressing accept.

Best wishes and huggs for Princess,

Terri

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you so much, hopefully she will be feeling better! Princess says thank you! :)

Give her a BIG kiss from me!

Terri