Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant
Experience:  Service/assistance dog training/ behavior /obedience/Therapy dog Evaluator/AKC Evaluator

how to kill rats without harming my dogs

Customer Question

Category: Dog
Expert:  Sally G. replied 7 years ago.

You may have to use rat traps or glue traps. The rat traps are much like the mouse traps only larger. There are ones that are disposable and ones that you can reuse. The glue traps won't kill them them right away and the rats may move the boards as they try to escape. I used the trap that you can reuse as it is easier to set than the disposable ones are, however they are mopre expensive. Also so if you have a big problem with them then the disposable ones may be best.

glue boards

snap traps

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

This wasn't the answer I expected. I am a breeder so I know the obvious answer...traps. Please cancel my payment.

Expert:  Sally G. replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for that information. It would be difficult for me to know what you know or don't know since you did not put it in your original question. I will send this through to a moderator who will be able to help you.