How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Walter Your Own Question
Walter, Breeder
Category: Dog
Satisfied Customers: 11528
Experience:  Breeder and pet health consultant. Have spent a number of years with dog rescue, training and health
Type Your Dog Question Here...
Walter is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Our dog ate decon rat poison. Is there any home remedies we

Resolved Question:

Our dog ate decon rat poison. Is there any home remedies we can use?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Walter replied 7 years ago.



How much was ingested?


When was this ingested?


Is he having any symptoms?



Customer: replied 7 years ago.

About 1-2 tablespoons of pellets.


About an hour and a half ago.


No symptoms yet.

Expert:  Walter replied 7 years ago.



The most effective treatment for a dog who has eaten rat poison involves giving large doses of vitamin K, which helps restore the blood's ability to clot. Other supportive measures, like IV fluids and blood transfusions are also commonly administered to dogs.


The fact is you can not treat this at home, this is the most toxic thing your dog could have ingested and without treatment he will die. And it will be a very painful death, please do not hesitate to get him to a vet asap. The vomiting will not help the situation.



Walter and other Dog Specialists are ready to help you

Related Dog Questions