Cheryl K.
Cheryl K., shelter volunteer
Experience:  14+ years of shelter work/ vaccinations/ disease/ illness/ injury/ medical care
237255

hi my two apsos have just eatten starfish my daughter briught

hi my two apso's have just eatten starfish my daughter briught back from beach to dry out....is this a problem please.....
How long ago did she eat it and do you have any Hydrogen Peroxide 3 percent?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
hi she ate it about half an hour ago....no i dont have any hydrogen peroxide,sorry

One more question are you seeing any different in their behavior?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
no not yet ....just hunting round for more starfish!!!!
Ok yes do make sure thaqt there are not any more around. I live in Florida and we see dogs eat them all the time so I do not think you will have a problem if they did not eat alot of them. They may have an upset stomach and of that occurs if you have any Pepto-Bismol give each pme pf them one Tbsp which will help with that and feed them a bland diet of cooked rice and boiled chicken for the next day or two and they should be fine. What you do want to watch for is any problems with them acting lethargic but if it has been a half an hour already and you see no changes I do not think you will see any issues.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thank you very much....the only problem i will have on the lethagy front is that the older 3year old tends to be curled up asleep 90% of the time anyway and the 6month old could well get very tired as we have just arrived home after a long car journey(to the beach)so she could well fall asleep soon too. Is that ok or should i be aware of anything else along with the lethagy? Thank you.

No that will be okay as that is their normal behavior and if they are having any problems it would wake them up so you would know they are not feeling good. So it wound llike you basically need to just monitor them and yes the main thing to watch for is any lethargic actions or problems with breathing but it sounds like they are fine with the way you told me they are doing with their normal behavior.And you are so very welcome. :o)