Cheryl K.
Cheryl K., shelter volunteer
Experience:  14+ years of shelter work/ vaccinations/ disease/ illness/ injury/ medical care
237255

my dog is 13 and had a seizure last week we took her to the

my dog is 13 and had a seizure last week we took her to the vets for some blood work and are waiting for the results, however our vet put her on an anti inflamatory for her arthritis and she hasnt been eating, we have tried all kinds of treats including her favorates but she wont eat, we dont know what to do...
Category: Dog
Expert:  Cheryl K. replied 7 years ago.
I would recommend trying her on a bland diet of cooked rice and boiled chicken as that is the easiest diet that is tolerable and even some cottage cheese as it sounds like the medications have her stomach upset so you need to get a base line into her stomach then she will be able to tolerate the medications better and you may be able to put her back on her regular diet or a dog food for dogs with sensitive stomachs which will be a big help to her if she has to stay on the medications regularly. If they have her on Rimadyl ask them if they can switch her to Deramaxx as that is tolerated better for some dogs that have problems with the Rimadyl.