ask_me, Obedience, breeding, showing
Experience:  Well versed in all things canine! Knowledgeable in breeding, training and showing

Symptoms Rapid breathing, Panting, Uncontrolable Shaking,

Customer Question

Symptoms: Rapid breathing, Panting, Uncontrolable Shaking, Nervous, anxious, Frightened, Needy, Constantly on top of us, Afraid to come into the house, Doesn't want treats, isn't eating. It happenens every now and than and it last about a week. He is only on Angel eye, Interceptor, and Frontline. He is a Llasaha Apso and Havanese mix. He is normally a happy go lucky dog who loves everyone. He gets excersize outside about 3 times a day for 20 min. each time. Please help. I don't want to put him through all kinds of testing. thank you, rhonda [email protected]
Category: Dog
Expert:  ask_me replied 7 years ago.

Hi Rhonda,

I'm sorry to hear that your boy is going through this. Beahavioral changes that come and go like this often are indicitive of an underlying medical issue. One of the most common is thyroid issues. Outside of this, note if the angel eye, interceptor or frontline are new to his routine. Some dogs can manifest neurological type reactions to these. If this is suspected, consider discounting the products and adding them back in one at a time to see which may be the culprit. If you do not currently have a vet, consider contacting your local SPCA. Many have sliding scale (pay only what you can) services for testing. It woudl be in his best interest to have a basic blood work ran (CBC) along with thryoid to pinpoint the cause. I hope he's feeling better soon. -Robyn

Please click "ACCEPT" or if you need more information "REPLY"

PS- If you live in an area where ticks are present, you may also want to look iinto Lymes.