NancyH
NancyH, Dog Expert:Rescue, Train,Breed,Care
Experience:  30+ yrs dog home vet care & nursing, rescue, behavior&training, responsible show breeding, genetics
127115

Can dogs take these herbs milk thistle extract, bakopa, ashwagandha,

Can dogs take these herbs: milk thistle extract, bakopa, ashwagandha, green tea extract and tumeric?

I would not use green tea as it contains caffeine which is bad for dogs.

Milk thistle is used in dogs but you can get get it in a controlled pill form as Marin or other products.

The other meds might be used but I would advise you to not use any of them with your pet unless you are directly working with a holistic vet who can determine what is safe for your dog, what dose is right, and monitor for side effects.

This site may help you find a holistic vet to work with

http://www.holisticvetlist.com/#search

I usually search it by state and small animal to get the biggest list to look through.

A holistic vet should be able to determine what is safe for your dog to use, may have more suggestions depending on the health issue, and can direct you to reputable suppliers of the products as herbal meds are not regulated by anyone so you never know if the label is correctly indicating what is in the box or not.

Hope this helps you!

PS I see you added that you want to use Protandim again I would not use that without direct confirmation from a vet that treats your pet that it is OK to use. The green tea alone would keep me from even considering using it.