KarenLVT, Licensed Veterinary Technician
Experience:  19 years experience with nursing care, talking to clients, surgical asst., lab work, x-rays, etc.

yorkie: bumps oh her nose is this something i should be concerned

Customer Question

My 1.6 month yorkie has these blister like bumps oh her nose is this something i should be concerned about.?
Category: Dog
Expert:  KarenLVT replied 7 years ago.

Hi there.

Sorry to hear about your puppy having blisters on her nose.

Most of the time, it's really nothing to worry about. It's called "puppy pyoderma", which is a mild skin infection that can show up on their bellies too. Most of the time, it just goes away on it's own. You can try to rub a little triple antibiotic ointment on it and/or hydrogen peroxide twice a day to speed healing. It won't hurt her if she licks a little off, but try to keep her from doing that if you can.

If it persists or gets much worse, it could be an infection that has to be treated by systemic antibiotics that you can only get from your vet.

Here is a link to better explain pyoderma:

I hope this information helps youout. Let me know if I can help you further.

Regards, KarenLVT