Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

Is Splenda dangerous to dogs (maltodextrin,sucralose) My dog

Is Splenda dangerous to dogs (maltodextrin,sucralose) My dog invested about a cup of it?
Thanks for the questionCustomer

Sweeteners such as sucralose (Splenda), aspartame (NutraSweet) and saccharin (Sweet N' Low) are not known to cause problems in dogs or other pets, as the sweetener xylitol has been shown to do. However, they could potentially cause mild gastrointestinal upset if eaten in significant quantities.

If I have not covered your question fully enough or you would like to ask more I will be online for the next hour or so and I will be at your disposal.

Scott Nimmo BVMS MRCVS
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks so much for the quick reply. I feel much better with the confirmation that it is not dangerous, as she appears to be okay. Those labs will get you every time, when you turn your heard.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks so much for the quick reply. I feel much better with the confirmation that it is not dangerous, as she appears to be okay. Those labs will get you every time, when you turn your head.
Hello again,

She should be fine ...

Labs are like that !

Regards,

Scott