How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. K Your Own Question
Dr. K
Dr. K, Veterinarian
Category: Dog
Satisfied Customers: 7544
Experience:  13 years experience as Veterinarian
Type Your Dog Question Here...
Dr. K is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my dog ate wet spackle out of the wall. about 1 tablespoon.

Customer Question

my dog ate wet spackle out of the wall. about 1 tablespoon. the ingriedients are. calcium carbonate, ethnol glycol, magnesium aluminium sisicate, & crystalline silica. Cannot reach vet. poisonous in humans. please advise
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. K replied 7 years ago.

If the package says that it is poisonous in humans, then it is likely poisonous in dogs as well. You need to contact a veterinary toxicologist immediately. You can reach one at the following number...

This is the Pet Poison Helpline.

They also have a website at:

There is a charge for this service, but I think that it is money well spent, since the toxicologist will be able to tell you without a doubt if your dog is in any danger, and what you need to do next.

I hope that this information is of help to you, and that your pet is okay. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Dr. K

Related Dog Questions