How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lisa Your Own Question
Lisa, Certified Vet Tech
Category: Dog
Satisfied Customers: 16072
Experience:  AAS Vet Tech. Bully breed rehab & Behavior modification
Type Your Dog Question Here...
Lisa is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is Rid-Ex septic tank treatment toxic to dogs

This answer was rated:

Is Rid-Ex septic tank treatment toxic to dogs?



According to the msds (material safety data sheet) for Rid-X, which can be found here:


If accidental ingestion occurs, you should rinse out the mouth with water, and contact a physician (or in this case, a veterinarian) or poison control if symptoms develop. However, after reading a little further down the page, it says that there are no expected symptoms because Rid-X is non-toxic


Just to be on the safe side, I would suggest you rinse the dog's mouth out and then watch for things like vomiting, diarrhea or behavioral changes (stumbling, disorientation, lethargy and unwillingness to eat). If you see anything that is out of character for your dog, I would seek medical attention at an emergency clinic.


I hope this helps.


Lisa and other Dog Specialists are ready to help you

Related Dog Questions