Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }

My dog bite into a lighter

My dog bite into a lighter
HelloCustomerbr />
I will be very pleased to try and answer your question but to enable me to do so with accuracy I need to know a little bit more information, so first can you tell me :

1. When did this happen ?

2. How is your dog now ?

This is just a information request for which you have not been charged, I am online at present. I will answer your question shortly after receiving your reply.

Scott Nimmo BVMS
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hello, this happened about 15-20 min ago, she is 11 months old, 88 lbs, German Shepherd Mix. I washed her mouth out with water and gave her milk to drink
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
She is next to me sleeping, but it may be because she was running around all day, when I call her name she looks up and wags her tail
Thanks for the quick reply,

You have done the right thing in washing out her mouth and giving her milk to drink, that is exactly what I was going to suggest. I have heard of this happening a couple of times in the past and all that happened in both cases was that the dog got a big surprise.

The problem would occur if the dog inhaled large quantities of the gas in the lighter but this is unlikely to happen. The signs you would then see would be incoordination and perhaps lethargy, if this has not happened in the first half hour then there would be little to worry about ..

If I have not covered your question fully enough or you would like to ask more I will be online for the next hour or so and I will be at your disposal.

Scott Nimmo BVMS MRCVS
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for your time, I appreceiate it! Kiedis says thanks :)
Hello again,

Thanks very much for the accept.

It was a pleasure to advise you ...