Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant
Experience:  Service/assistance dog training/ behavior /obedience/Therapy dog Evaluator/AKC Evaluator
3570977
Dog

my dogs nose has changed from black to light brown why

she is almost 3 labadoddle... Show More
she is almost 3 labadoddle. she is very heathly and the happiest dog I ever seen. However I never seen this happen its like she over use it and the color coming off. thankyou for your help .Please do not tell me she sick.
Category: Dog
replied 7 years ago.

HI vickie,

The lab part of the breed is prone to nasal depigmentation which is when the black nose turns a lighter color, like brown. It does not always mean there is a health problem. My Goldens nose changed about the age of 2 1/2 years and now at age 9 it is going to speckles of black. I am going to direct you to a site that explains different causes for this. IF you notice any illness along with the color change then I would have the dog examined.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Dog-Nose-Depigmentation&id=419294